Thursday, October 18, 2007

Tips on writing

Hi and good morning. I like saying good morning cause I haven’t heard it in many years and I haven’t had a good one in a long time but I thought today I might. I just thought I share with you guys some of the stuff I know. Now an echo of Mr. Woo is going “take your hippy ideas to someone who cares boy. Try passing the subject then give tips” well Mr. Woo wouldn’t say that but you know… imagination. I hope it can become useful to you.

Well let me start by saying before you write prepare your mind that’s really important nobody can come from the toilet and let out all the stuff he or she thought of in there (I could say dreams but toilet is where I get my inspiration) so pick one thing and start writing.

Another useful tip is something a lot of writers do before writing which is “freefall”(such a cool name ha “writers making everything sound cool pffff”). Freefall is when you sit behind your keyboard or hold your pen with a paper ready and 3, 2, 1, write EVERY LITTLE THING THAT YOU THOUGHT OF IN THE TOILET or if you have got no ideas and you want to get your brain going write EVERY LITTLE THING THAT COMES TO YOUR BRAIN and remembering not to stop . Why? Because one you’ve thought of a fantastic thing it could change the world and you want to record all that but they are all over the place, they are images, they are sound, they are events, they are a whole bunch of crap which if you concentrate on one the other will be forgotten or changed. It’s like a big high way of thought you can’t catch one and tell the others to stop they are always moving. So don’t try to make a story right then and there just write down all the stuff. I know you will read them and they are going to make no sense to anyone but you. Remember use easy English or whatever your easier with. Another case If you have no ideas flowing in you do a freefall for like 10-20 min. one, it will clear your mind of anything like “ oo my girlfriend is bla or ooo I have to meet this guy for whatever what do I wear” you know all that stuff that comes in when your brain is in idle mode. and 2 creates an empty brain to put ideas and mix and match them from what you just wrote.

Looking for creative ideas … wow im turning into a typical mmu lecturer…. Not boring I swear. I just have to say thins ideas are all creative the more thought you put in it, it becomes more creative. Where can you find them? Start from under your nose mmm, lips that could be a great story. The other day found a can left in the middle of an empty parking it could be a story about a sad can that that is used appreciated then left in a place where no one gives a damn about it until someday some poor guy picks it up and melts it to gain 5cents. Or this can could be a metaphor of some real person and the life he or she went through. So observe with full consciousness.

Layout. The way you layout your writing is up to you some people like to start their story (based on an outline or a structure or idea that they had come up with)from start to finish, day after day. Some people like to write a story then keep adding to it until they feel there is nothing more to add. And there may be more I don’t know. But one thing I like to do is I to an out line of my idea like , this happens then this happens then he sees her then he dies but that’s just what happened. So then if one day im in a lonely mood I write about the lonely times the hero has or had in happy days I write the happy days I write about the happy times and the rest in the right mood. And that is how the out line happens.

Foot note : I always record my cool dreams I don’t like sharing them but I have done it for many years. So don’t think I just read some book I’m really hype. Its some insignificant experience that was worth sharing and I hope you enjoyed. Ask me if you have any questions. Good stuff you guys I’m really enjoying reading your stuff.

Mr. Woo good one with the 50% failing bit. My heart stopped for a like a second there

3 comments:

Nadia said...

Dude....thanks for sharing. =D
I'm into writing myself, and hell, the first step of putting pencil (or keywords) on paper/wordpad is the hardest. And I always make the mistake of thinking I can write a story there and then. *laughs*
Thanks! Will put into practice! =3
You have any place you put up writings or something of the sort?

Tezra Grimtotem said...

You record your dreams, meaning you remembered them right after you woke up. Or maybe there's pen and paper besider your bed, once you got up, you write them down. So my question is, do you get lucid dreams?

Isa Miguel said...

yeh pretty much the computer is always on the moment i wake up i go wow cool and i start writing it before i forget. some thing cool is that i girl i saw in my dream three years back i met just last sema and she had come to malaysia 2 years ago i was like wow that is cool