Saturday, October 13, 2007

A Note From Mr. Woo


Hello FA people. This is my first posting on a blog, ever. As promised I will post some interesting news and happenings around town, provide advice, plus whatever i feel like writing. if you have something you are interested in me writing about, tell me. Doesn't have to be film related. Also, I will occasionally be asking for *assistance* on some cool projects and the like.

Most importantly, now that i will no longer be your lecturer, I can finally be myself and chill.

As i saw the pictures that Val posted (very nice, thank you, i would like them sent to me, & thank you Wee for the monkey picture, v. nice), I am reminded of the time when i was a student myself, some... many years ago.

My thoughts are: It is a good time to be a student. you are young, inquisitive, have no big responsibilities, no huge issues like job, family, security, etc... here is a time you will meet your first loves, deal with heartbreak and other issues that will shatter or elevate you and for some of you, embark on some crazy adventure. sometimes i wish i could be like that... again. haha...

To be truthful, i loved being a student. that's one of the reasons why i teach. It keeps you young. plus i think most of you guys are cool. not all. but most. you guys seem to be enjoying yourself, and are close to each other, which is good. now is not the time to be a lone ranger if you know what i mean.

Anyway happy holidays to you guys. I have no idea what else to write. but hey, since i am on a roll let me tell you about yesterday.

Last night, i got drunk because my friend wanted to see Resident Evil 3. i knew the movie would suck so we had a few drinks. this is at the Curve. then i realised that i could watch the BOURNE ULTIMATUM instead. so we did. it was an awesome movie. all handheld camera. crazy action, and heart poundingly suspenseful from start to finish. Even though we did not get to see Milla Jovovich kick ass, i had no regrets.

I still might see Resident Evil 3, though. Milla is an unstoppable temptation.

This summer, I saw transformers, simpsons, ratta whatever, die hard 4, knocked up, and a couple more movies. Bourne is the best of the lot. in terms of summer hollywood movies.

BTW I am still marking your papers and must say that in the screenwriting subject, more than 50% of you failed.

That's not true. I'm kidding.

Ok, that's it for now.

8 comments:

beloved said...

Resident Evil 3

not nice....(not much action)

action, blah blah, action, blah blah, kill the monster at the testing room (very fast n easy die big monster) then finish with the ARMY (farming)of the main character....

still prefer the Resident Evil 1 n 2..

yet i still like her!!!
2 hand killing wit PARANG!!


make so many clone yet all fail in the test...then get dispose...

mmu so many student,if fail exam hv 2 retake subject (T.T) if not get dispose from mmu (>.<)ouch..

Nadia said...

Resident evil? *chuckles*
I guess there's one genre still going strong despite all the cheesiness it has endured. ;)
I'll have to wach this Borne Ultimatum, goddamn, once I get over my Transformers hangover (Which god help me, still hasn't abated since April?)
Sir. XDXD That was a mean joke. LOL.
*wonder what kind of projects you're partaking in*

NightShadow said...

"more than 50% of you failed"

you had me going there

Weiming How said...

Sir would u kindly list down for us ur all time fav. or "must watch" movies? Waiting to hear from you! :D

Calvin said...

glad to hear from you sir.

you know, there's a lot of rat racers missed being a student to me. is that really true? guess i have to work for a few years to find out...

p/s the line "more than 50% of you failed" make my heart skip a beat for awhile =P

Princess :) said...

aish no worries bout feeling old sir!

u still look like a student to us X>

Ali said...

Hey fellows, woo is a young fellow!! I hate to call him sir now! let's call him dude! buddy! pal! or woo! he is a friend now. believe me you will like him much more when he is a friend! ;) hey dude, thanks for the post. I would like to see you drunk!! that's interesting!

vaLerism™ said...

Sobs this post is soooooo touching!!! Don't know 'bout others but then your words moved my heart sia sir! (Still can't get rid of the word SIR anyway)

And chill! Nothing is more important than having a young heart! (with that young face you're born with and sumore your cute sling bag)

I'll email those pics to you don't worry haha! Don't forget to visit us here whenever you're depressed 'cause we could be your best medicine~ :p