Sunday, June 22, 2008

Have I Officially Lost IT?

That's the big question hovering over my mind right now... Have I lost the ability to enjoy an animated film?

I just saw Kung Fu Panda and in my opinion it is one of the best animated movies ever made, TECHNICALLY. Cause that's all I kept looking at... Fur, Character Design, Animation, Textures, Renders, Cinematography, Direction, Editing, blah blah blah.

I enjoyed the jokes, laughed at them but all I was looking at was everything but the movie. I barely got the story (no thanks to Ali getting us front row seats). All the time I was thinking... hmmm....... nice fur, nice texture, ohh look at the that piece of grass fluttering in the wind in the top left corner of the damn screen, while Po and others were making the kids laugh out loud around me.

I feel sad :(

6 comments:

vaLerism™ said...

I HAVE NOT WATCHED IT!!!!! :(

Who doesn't feel like you being an 3D student? Haha maybe you could just tell yourself "I KNOW NOTHIN ABOUT ANIMATION!" - before watching any films. :P

Just FOCUS on the story and STOP thinking bout whatever software or tools you've learnt! Try make yourself a kid! Well it works for me. :D

P/S: if you feel bad for not judging the technical part, you can still do it the second time - but of course not in the cinema!

schajee said...

Never in the cinema again!!!

Calvin said...

It was a great movie! It is funny that the way I watch movies is the total opposite to yours: Storyline first, then the technical aspect of it.

Maybe the entertainment factor of watching the movie is lost because you "study" the film a bit too much.

Just a thought. :)

simply me, Jason said...

It happened to me too man

All I saw was the character design, fur animation, particles (dust everytimes Po slams on the floor), textures, poly count... gwah

I told that to michelle and isa and they ridiculed me =(

But I did manage to catch the main story to it. It was a good animation overall =]

Moolembu:Arab said...

hahaha schajee

You are not alone...

beloved said...

yes.. after study watching animation it will kind of direct yr thinking of wat we learn in class..n im major ca =.=..

but after all i do enjoy the movie n i laugh from front to back.. HAHA

i watch it from the day it was out
n i watch it twice ^^ hehe