Friday, December 14, 2007

CGI Effects for INDIE MOVIE

Hello Boys and Girls,

This is Ming Jin posting again. Bet you thought you'd never hear from me again~!

Well it has been a nice and chaotic past few months- we shot a telemovie (called KURUS- i posted some pics here), I went to Torino, Italy for a film festival (also posted some pics), dropped 2kgs from the movie shoot, but gained many white hairs... and then regained the 2 kgs shortly after...

But all the while, I thought of MMU, and how much I missed it, especially all the cute girls...

I'm kidding. Well maybe i miss the cute girls.. hehe


Anyway, the reason i am writing is to help a friend of mine, Amir (the filmmaker who came to MMU last week), to find a student/students to work on some simple effects for the movie he is producing, called PUNGGOK RINDU BULAN. i think he needs a few simple compositing shots and some light CG. for more info on the film, go to WWW.DAHUANGPICTURES.COM




You guys who are interested in working on cool stuff should drop him an email. The work won't be too taxing and the experience should be rewarding. DA HUANG PICTURES is the company producing the film. I am encouraging the few of you who want to get some real world experience to email him. Don't be so kiasu! Remember when I was a student I worked on shoots almost every weekend. In fact i learned most of my filmmaking skills helping others on their shoots! the stuff i got from school is maybe only like 5-10%.

Please email AMIR here : kancah2001@yahoo.com

He is a friendly guy.
















If you want to read about my little adventure in Torino, click on this link:

http://swiftywriting.blogspot.com/

Ok folks, the next time i'm around, let's party!!

If you guys are thinking of getting me a belated birthday present or Xmas present, I would like a new car. Or a postcard of one.

Good luck on your exams. Don't be bad.

Ming Jin

4 comments:

Princess :) said...

"Ok folks, the next time i'm around, let's party!!"

YAY LETS! \:D/

Wee ~~~ said...

if there's a party,we will make u to dress like a banana! wakaka *devil laugh*

cutegg87 said...

wohoo~ party ! party! :D

vaLerism™ said...

"...dropped 2kgs from the movie shoot, but gained many white hairs... and then regained the 2 kgs shortly after..."

Thanks for being so detail haha!
And when will you be around???